Senior Quantity Surveyor
- To successfully manage their contracts to Final Account status, maximising profitability and building relationships with clients, to encourage repeat business.
- To have input into tender bid preparation when required.
- To mentor, educate and improve the skills and expertise of juniors and other team members.
- Represent the company at all times in a professional manner promoting and encouraging our clients to provide us repeat business at a profitable level.
- Promote integration with other departments in such a way as to encourage a team ethic and feeling of unity within the company and project delivery teams.
- Seek to continually improve your own knowledge through training and self-development.
- Provide help and guidance for construction and pre-contract staff on commercial matters.
- Maximise cash flow through the management of the debtor’s report, ensuring the information is up to date for senior management on a weekly basis.
- Carry out regular CSMR and debtors report reviews with the Regional Commercial Director.
- Attendance at tender, project team briefings and quarterly review meetings as appropriate to ensure the full commercial control of contracts going forward including direct communication with the pre-contract or delivery team.
- Manage the procedure of checking prior to the signing up of contract documents/letters of intent – this will include reviews of contract documents during the tender process so that a commercial response can be submitted with the tender bid.
- Liaise with the Regional Commercial Director over bonds, warranties, PCGs and other documentation as may be required for the contract.
- Prepare and update the Subcontractor procurement schedule for each contract.
- Engaging with Subcontractors and Designers as required ensuring that contracts are let to provide maximum protection to the company and value for money.
- Take ownership with the preparation and updating of the Cost Plan, working with the Project Delivery Team to obtain their input and buy in, ensuring that it is utilised throughout the project to monitor and manage both cost and value.
- Prepare, submit and agree interim valuations / applications for payment as dictated by the Contract along with the submission of VAT invoices where required by the Client.
- Agree interim assessments with Subcontractors ensuring that payment notices / pay less notices are provided in strict accordance with the terms of the subcontract to protect the company. Creation of subcontract payments within coins in a timely manner to enable the company to have foresight of payments coming due to subcontractors.
- Ensure that CVR’s are produced in line with the Coins CVR Calendar including the managing of own project CVR calendars within coins.
- Take ownership of the change management and associated tracker / register on each contract ensuring that the provisions set out within the contract are strictly adhered to so as to avoid being time barred or penalised due to lack of adherence.
- Identifying risks and opportunities and assisting the delivery manager partner in updating and managing the Project ROMP.
- Prepare, submit and agree final accounts with both Clients and Subcontractors.
- Make requests for practical completion and certificates at the end of the defects period so as to enable the payment of retention monies and the closing out of contracts.
- Identify and advise the Regional Commercial Director of all contractual and contentious issues prior to a dispute arising.
- Have significant input into Quarterly Review Meeting reports along with delivery manager partner, including periodic subcontractor performance assessments.
- Propose amendments and updates to QS Masters system as you feel appropriate.
- Communicate with Commercial Management regarding any issue that may need appropriate action to improve any aspect of company performance.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com